For mixing HPE SimpliVity 380 nodes in a cluster, HPE recommends following these general guidelines:
- Only models of equal socket count are supported.
- All hosts should contain equal amounts of CPU & Memory.
- As a best practice, it’s recommended to use the same CPU model within a single cluster.
- Mixing server generations (Gen 9 and Gen 10) is allowed.
- Mixing Gen10 servers with legacy OmniCube/OmniStack platforms within the same cluster is allowed.
Heterogenous Federation Support: Although HPE SimpliVity 380 nodes cannot be mixed with HPE SimpliVity 2600 nodes or legacy SimpliVity nodes within the same cluster, they can coexist with such clusters within the same Federation.
HPE OmniStack 3.7.9 introduces suppor for using different versions of the OmniStack software within a federation. Some clusters can have hosts using HPE OmniStack 3.7.9 and other clusters can have hosts all using HPE OmniStack 3.7.8 and above. The hosts in each datacenter and cluster must use the same version of the software.