RHV focuses on managing the virtual infrastructure and can also manage RHSS.
Also, RHV-M 3.3 (and onwards) integrates with 3rd party applications including:
- BMC connector for RHV-M REST API to collect data for managing RHV boxes without having to install an agent.
- HP OneView for Red Hat Virtualization (OVRHV) UI plug-in that that allows you to seamlessly manage your HP ProLiant infrastructure from within RHV Manager and provides actionable, valuable insight on underlying HP hardware (HP Insight Control plug-in is also available).
- NetApp Virtual Console enables rapid cloning of NetApp virtual machines, and allows NFS storage discovery, provisioning and modification from within Red Hat Virtualization Manager.
- Symantec Storage Foundation that delivers storage Quality of Service (QoS) at the application level and maximizes your storage efficiency, availability and performance across operating systems. This includes Symantec Cluster Server provides automated disaster recovery
functionality to keep applications up and running. Cluster Server
enables application specific fail-over and significantly reduces
recovery time by eliminating the need to restart applications in case of
- Tenable Network Securitys Nessus Audit for RHV-M which queries the RHV API and reports that information within a Nessus report.
- Ansible RHV module that allows you to create new instances, either from scratch or an image, in addition to deleting or stopping instances on the RHV platform.