HPE SimpliVity has developed its own DR orchestration software named "RapidDR". The current version is RapidDR 3.5.1, released in December 2020. Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware NSX are not supported.
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR includes an intuitive planning guide that allows for the creation of DR workflows in five easy steps. RapidDR provides one-click activation for recovery of all virtualized workloads according to the plan. RapidDR also creates detailed historical reports for compliance audits. Lastly, RapidDR provides the ability to test existing recovery plans without impacting running workloads. This allows an organization to confirm the IT readiness for a disaster by testing recovery plans in advance.
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v2.0 introduced:
- priority-based parallel recovery of VMs, significantly reducing failover time (up to 80% compared to sequential failover time).
- setting recovery order priority at both the recovery group level and the individual VM level, where the recover group level priority takes precedence.
- proactive assessment of the source site configuration.
- choice out of four recovery actions if VM recovery fails .
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v2.1 introduced:
- automated failback functionality.
- increased number of recovery plan from 150 VMs to 600 VMs.
- increased number of recovery groups per recovery plan from 20 to 50.
- increased number of VMs in the entire recovery environment from 300 to 1000.
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v2.5 introduced:
- new and improved user interface with expandable menu options and
intuitive work flows.
- option to validate failover and failback settings (check and
report inconsistencies between the recovery configuration file and the recovery site).
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v2.5.1 introduced:
- automated PowerCLU configuration during installation
- support for RPO functionality (minimum RPO is 10 minutes)
- simplified VM and Recovery Group settings page
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v3.0 introduced:
- support for Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor
- support for 50 VMs per recovery plan in a Hyper-V environment
- Quick Plan Editor, which allows editing of VM login credentials in recovery plans created for VMware
- option to generate Audit Report pdf which contains the entire recovery execution sequence
- significant improvement of recovery times for VMware based recovery plans
- improved error reporting and troubleshooting information
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v3.0.1 introduced software fixes and no new features.
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v3.1 introduced:
- encrypted passwords in recovery plans providing enhanced security
- revamped user interface for enhanced user experience
- recovery of Windows guest VMs by using non-administrator user accounts
- Log Mode button to choose a log level of all the RapidDR logs.
- a single-click log collection button for downloading all of the RapidDR logs in zip format
- export/import of recovery configuration settings for VMs from an excel sheet during plan creation or modification
- support for centrally managed federation
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v3.5.0 introduces:
- NIC specific gateway and DNS to be used during recovery
- validation of guest VMs network settings after it is recovered.
- copying or moving backups from HPE SimpliVity clusters to HPE StoreOnce.
- recovery from external store (HPE StoreOnce appliance) backups
- user intuitive UX features for seamless navigation within and across workflows
- viewing recovery plan details and all plan activity
- Microsoft Hyper-V is no longer supported (!)
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR v3.5.1 introduces:
- support for DVS
- support for CentOS 8 and RHEL 8 guest VMs
- support for creation of VM backups in Test Failover and Test Failback workflows
HPE SimpliVity RapidDR is optional and requires separate software licenses.
Alternatively, DR orchestration can also be built using vRealize Automation (vRA).
HPE, SimpliVity [HCI]/4.0.1 U1, 2600
DR Orchestration, Disaster Recovery, Data Availability