Author: Andreas Groth
IBM Cloud Architect with extensive expertise in complex solution design, networking and cloud/virtualisation platforms, translating technologies into real-life solutions for end-clients and channel partners.
Currently leading technical consultancy engagements as Channel Solutions Architect for the IBM Watson and Cloud Platform.
- Chartered IT professional of the British Computer Society (MBSC CITP)
- Chartered Engineer Institution of Engineering and Technology (CEng IET)
- IBM Certified Senior IT Specialist
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- VMware Certified Professional (ESX2, VI3 and vSphere) – VCP # 1281
Andreas is the creator of virtualizationmatrix.com.
• x86 virtualization and cloud technologies - VMware, Microsoft and Open Source (Xen and KVM).
• Consultancy for server/desktop virtualisation and cloud delivery models - new focus: SoftLayer
• Creator of IBM's first virtual desktop reference architectures (SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure)
• IBM System x (x86) and IBM BladeCenter system hardware and IBM Storage/Network Solutions.
• Public Speaker at numerous external and internal WW and European Technical Conferences.
• Technical Publication Writer with 2 IBM Redbooks, several papers and 2 international patents.
IMHO the only way to provide relevant coverage of vendor capabilities on Virtualizationmatrix.com is through hands-on experience with the products in client projects or lab test – finding the time to always document this in detail is however a challenge.Also...
I’ve made it a habit to kick off every larger presentation by asking the audience to indicate adoption of virtualization in their environment. Suffice to say that even just 2 -3 years back barely 10% would indicate any serious evaluation or large scale...
Having just returned from the European Red Hat Partner summit and the VMware vForum where I presented, it took me a while to digest the “openness” of it all … The key messages conveyed in both events were (un?)surprisingly similar, considering that...