We are glad to announce the addition of XenServer 7.1 to the Virtualization Category – explore the popular XenServer and compare it with other Virtualization solutions here: https://www.whatmatrix.com/comparison/Virtualization
The latest XenServer release introduces a number of industry-unique features and has an even tighter alignment with Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop. Citrix is clearly focused on positioning XenServer 7.1 as the best (hypervisor) choice for XenApp and XenDesktop deployments with simpler deployment options, flexible hypervisor management and aligned support capabilities.
Citrix released XenServer 7.1 on February 28th- which brings along the following key improvements:
- new Provisioning Services (PVS) Accelerator technology
- first-ever Long Term Service release (LTSR) of XenServer to allign with XenApp and XenDesktop
- industry-first live patching capability, enabling XenServer update without the need for VM migrations or shutdown
- extend the benefits of XenServer Enterprise to all XenApp and XenDesktopp deployments
- integration with Nutanix HCI
See how these and many other new features are positioning XenServer 7.1 in the ongoing battle of the virtualization platforms at https://www.whatmatrix.com/comparison/Virtualization
For additional insight on “What’s New” see David Cottingham’s article here
Gica Livada – WhatMatrix Product Consultant from our friends at thevirtualist.org
PS Also Txs to Enzo Rasso from Citrix for input/review!