In our ongoing efforts to provide you with the industry’s most current and “always-online” product evaluations for your technology decisions, the online SDS & HCI comparison has been updated with a number of recent product releases. In addition category consultant Herman Rutten has expanded the comparison with a new evaluation criteria “Stretched Cluster Data Redundancy” and introduced “HPE Simplivity” as vendor name to reflect the recent acquisition.https://weedy.com
VMware vSAN – updated to version v6.6
- vSAN Encryption – Datastore level encryption (dedupe/compression efficient)
- Local Protection for Stretched Clusters
- Removal of Multicast
- ESXi Host Client (HTML-5) management and monitoring functionality
- Enhanced rebalancing
- Enhanced repairs
- Enhanced resync
- Maintenance Pre-Check
- Stretched Cluster Witness Replacement UI
- vSAN included in “Phone Home / Customer Experience Improvement Program”
- API enhancements
- vSAN Easy Install
- vSAN Config Assist / Firmware Update
- Enhanced Performance and Health Monitoring
For details and further insight see e.g. Duncan Epping’s blog here
SimpliVity HPE additional hardware option (HPE ProLiant DL380) > HPE SimpliVity 380 Release Notes – HPE HC 380 1.1 Update 2 includes the following enhancements:
- The HC 380 Management UI supports VMs created in VMware vCenter.
- VMware vSphere ESXi Life Cycle Management software updates.
- Enhanced vMotion compatibility (EVC) support.
- Support of Virtual Distributed Switches (vDS) for customer production networks.
- Support for Self Encrypting Drives
- Enhanced Call Home Function (added option to collect support logs through https)
- Support for Hyperflex Edge – See this for details on Hyperflex Edge
- Ability to add Cluster To Existing Fabric Interconnects
- Cluster Scaling to 32 Nodes (32 node support only for HXAF220 and HXAF240 nodes)
Latest posts by Herman Rutten (see all)
- StarWind HyperConverged Appliance enters the WhatMatrix - December 3, 2019
- SDS & HCI Updates: Nutanix, NetApp, vSAN, HPE - September 3, 2019
- WhatMatrix adds Scale Computing HC3 to SDS/HCI Lineup - June 5, 2019